Monday, March 28, 2011

Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

So, there is a blog I read almost everyday called "Testosterhome."

It is written by a Catholic mom named Rachel Balducci, and she is the mother of 5 boys...and one girl. Her daughter was born almost a year ago.


She had the most awesome entry recently, about having a daughter after having so many boys. I thought I'd share that today.


I LOVE having all boys, and it's especially fun -- and ironic -- that I came from a family of all girls. This life that God blessed me with is SO different than anything I'd ever imagined for myself...and, yet, is SO wonderful that I'm in awe of how well God knows me, and knows what I need.


Growing up, I never realized how much fun I could have spending a morning building the "biggest tracks in the city," like this morning, for Thomas & Percy to shunt trucks and pull freight all over our living room...or how, as I'm writing this, John Paul is literally ROARING at me to help him in the bathroom.


It's insane.


It's wonderful.


People ask Matt and I all the time if we will "keep trying for a girl." If, someday, we have a girl, fantastic! If not, we can live vicariously through friends and family with girls. But, right now, I feel so incredibly blessed by our boys I couldn't be happier.


http://www.testosterhome.net/ <-- Check out the latest posting, "Thoughts on Having a Daughter"

1 comment:

  1. Landrigan Mom's are the best! Your boys will always treasure this blog.

    U. Mike

    ReplyDelete